This post is for all of my naughty writer friends out there; I thought I would share some info I've been gathering on erotic romance review sites. I'll put the ones that look the most interesting to me - as in the most helpful to indie and erotic writers at the top with some extra info. But I will also incude any that I've come across that accept erotica for your reference, even if they aren't as indie friendly, or also focus on mainstream romance. As a final disclaimer, I have not had any personal experience with any of these review sites, other than having seen other author's books receiving reviews from them.
1. Romance Junkie Reviews: http://www.romancejunkies.com/mainpage.html
They do mainstream as well as erotica reviews. They were named one of the 101 best websites for writers by Writer's Digest, which gives them a very strong recommendation for me. One of the other things I like is that there are various pages here for writers. This includes a place where you can look for a virtual critique partner, or place an ad yourself. There are articles on writing, and also advertising opportunities. The site is professionally done, and is easy to navigate.
2. Coffee Time Romance & More: https://www.coffeetimeromance.com/Welcome.html
They do mainstream as well as erotica reviews. They were awarded the MFRW - Marketing for Romance Writers Award, and I can see why. There are a ton of opportunities here to promote yourself. While there is a cost for the many options listed under "author services" (everything from banner ads to website hosting), it is reasonable and worthwhile when you get to that stage. If you look under "new author information", there are interview and review opportunites that are of course free. This is a professionally done site with a wonderful amount of useful information.
3. Just Erotic Romance Reviews: http://www.justeroticromancereviews.com/submit-work-to-jerr.cfm
I'm including this site for the obvious reason that they focus on erotic romance, not mainstream. They indicate in their guidelines that they do not accept erotica - but the reviews and authors they are featuring do fall in that category for me. I think they are drawing a line between an erotica with no relationship/romance, as opposed to a romance book with graphic sex. The site is professional, and seems to focus primarily on reviews.
4. Two Lips Reviews: http://www.twolipsreviews.com/content/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=41&Itemid=40
This is also a primarily erotic review site, although they will accept mainstream. It is a cute site, and reviews seem to be their primary objective. It's not as flashy as some of the other sites, but is a reputable and popular review site.
5. Dark Divas Reviews: http://www.darkdivasreviews.com/
Focusing on erotic romance once again, this is a very professional site that has a wonderful look to it. In order to find where to submit, you need to scroll all the way to the bottom after you enter the site. The emphasis here is for the reader; which in turn will help you if you get your book reviewed.
6. BDSM Book Reviews: http://www.bdsmbookreviews.com/
I'm including this site because it is so specialty oriented. If you are primarily a BDSM writer, you would do well to get reviewed here. There are other opportunities besides reviews, including guest blogging, and low cost paid ads. Material needs to be submitted in a pdf if ebook, and there is a shipping address for print.
7. Mary's Naughty Whispers: http://marywhispers.blog.com/
I'm also including this site due to it being a specialty review site. This is 100% menage romance ONLY. She only reviews menage that has an HEA with at least 3 parties; her motto is "the more men, the merrier". She prefers longer length stories, so anything under 20,000 words might be dicey.
And these sites:
8. Bookstack Reviews: http://www.bookstackreviews.com/submit.html - new site, will accept multiple formats as well as shorter lengths.
9. Risque Reviews: http://www.risquereviews.com/
10. Sizzling Hot Book Reviews: http://www.sizzlinghotbooks.net/p/review-policy.html
Does not accept M/M
11. The Romance Reviews (TRR): http://erotic.theromancereviews.com/
Also accepts mainstream and GLBT
12. Swept Away Again: http://www.sweptawayagain.com/
13. Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/about-us
Only wants HEA!
14. Whipped Cream Erotic Romance Reviews: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/
This is an FYI - they are currently only accepting review requests from publishers and authors with a major publisher (see list).
15. Veiled Secrets Reviews: http://www.veiledsecretsreviews.com/
16. Romance Reviews Today: http://romrevtoday.blogspot.com/2011/10/new-reviews-posted-at-romance-reviews.html
17. Fallen Angel Reviews: http://www.fallenangelreviews.com/home.shtml
Okay - those are the goodies I have for you today. If there are other sites you know about - especially if they deal in specialty reviews - please share them!
Now I must go and prepare: I am gearing up for NaNoWriMo and hoping to finish my first paranormal erotic romance during the month of November. Please don't punish me too hard if I'm not blogging as often during that time; just remember - I'll make it worth the wait ;-)